5.18.2012

really good food



Stella wasn't feeling well and stayed home from school Thursday. It was a wonderful reminder for me of what summer vacation feels like, not running up and down the Panhandle to school twice in a day. Summer vacation starts in ONE WEEK here! The basis of this whole blog was to document the lazy, laid back days of last summer vacation, and here we are a week away from the NEXT one.

Oliver took a rare and late nap, so Stella and I jumped at the chance to cook dinner together, just the two of us. It was such precious time, I couldn't bear to pull out the camera. Even I have moments that I don't want to share. Stella sat on the counter so she could really get over the soup pot and we had the laptop open to the recipes we were using. We were cooking really good food, which made it all the more special.

We made two nutritious and homey dishes from 101 Cookbooks. I just found this blog the other day and I am obsessed, reading through it whenever I get a minute. There are so many gorgeous and delicious recipes there. It is perfect. It's been around for a while, I don't know how I missed it. The author writes, cooks and photographs beautifully. 



We made these:

And then this business, like clockwork:

Do you have a "baby"? Does it cry every time it wakes up from a nap? Mine does.

Just in time for dinner, Oliver woke up. After we got him settled we finished making the rice balls while eating the soup. So good.




Happy weekend!






3 comments:

  1. The rice bowls look so delish! And I love your clover cutting board.

    Aww, poor baby, woke up and wanted to know where everyone was.

    What a fun way for mom and daughter to spend some time together. Thanks again for the 101 cookbooks tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome for the tip. And she tweeted me that we're practically neighbors! I hadn't realized she was here. I've spent a lot of time on the site since last week, it's like reading a great book.

      I think I got that cutting board at the hardware store for three bucks. One of these days I need to make you a care package from the mainland, so start thinking of what you would like! :)

      Delete
  2. Rice bowls or rice balls? Doesn't matter, its great and looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...